Nominations are now open for the 2019 Best Australian Contribution to a Board Game. Best Australian Contribution to a Board Game, award recognises the best contribution (non-designer) to a board game by an Australian.
For a game to be eligible for consideration for this award, it must:
● be available from shops in at least two Australian capital cities or by mail order / online from an Australian retailer
● have been available in English from Australian retailers for the first time in the specified time frame
● be a stand-alone game that does not require purchase of another (base) game to play.
● Have significant creative content by an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Games meeting the criteria may be submitted for consideration until June 30, 2019. Games are submitted by sending two copies to BGA. Submissions may be made by the game’s designer, publisher, or distributor.
For full details see the 2019 Best Australian Contribution to a Board Game Nomination Pack.
About Boardgames Australia
Boardgames Australia is a non-profit organisation founded in 2007 to stimulate the growth and raise the profile of boardgaming in Australia.
We also aim to
- increase sales of quality boardgames in Australia and increase the penetration of quality boardgames in retail outlets across Australia.
- encourage the development of the boardgame industry in Australia, from game design & development, through publishing and sales.
- promote boardgaming as a way to bring friends and families together to share each other’s company and produce stronger and more resilient families.